Thursday, September 24, 2015

Take 5 With...Amy Deutsche


Take 5 With...Amy Deutsche
Job Title: 1st Grade Teacher
School: PES
1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid? 
 One year for Christmas I received a bicycle from Santa. It was the biggest gift I had ever been given. The other bonus was it was an unseasonably warm December, so I was able to ride my new bike around the farm over Christmas break. 
2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
  My favorite season is fall. I love all the beautiful fall colors, wearing hoodies, picking apples, and baking yummy pumpkin desserts.
3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public?  
Without a doubt, I would sing!  
  4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
 My favorite band is the Zac Brown Band. 
5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
 I love this question. I have naturally curly hair (which I work hard to tame), so one day when it was crazy hair day, I just let the curls and body take over. I had a student come into class that day, smile, and say proudly "You have hair like me now, Miss Deutsche."  It definitely tickled my funny bone.