Thursday, November 12, 2015

Take 5 With...Adam Rusek


Take 5 With...Adam Rusek
Job Title: Band Director
School:  PIC and PHS

1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid? 
Sesame Street Letter Railroad track. My mom tells the story about how I wanted it so badly one year for Christmas that she learned the midnight delivery schedule for Toys R Us and would go and wait for the trucks to unload to see if there was one on there.
 
2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
I like the summer because of the opportunity to go outside and spend time with my daughter playing in the yard, zoo, or pool.

3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public? 
I would rather dance because I'm bad at it and it's just comical. 

4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
I like a wide variety of music, but one of my old standbys is Metallica. 
I'm also a big Beatles and Hendrix fan, though I do like pop too.
 
5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes? 
"Mr. Rusek, you look hot" while I was wearing a dress shirt and tie one day when the temperature was over 90 degrees. The student immediately turned red because they realized what they just said, though they didn't mean it that way.