Thursday, January 7, 2016

Take 5 With...Val Monahan


Take 5 With...Val Monahan
Job Title: Kindergarten Teacher
School: PES
1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid?
 Cabbage Patch Kid- They were so popular, they were sold out everywhere.  On Father's Day a big shipment must have come in because my dad brought my sister & I to Toys R Us & we both got to pick out our own doll.  It was amazing!!
2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
  Summer- I love spending quality time with my 3 kids, not having a schedule, hanging out by the pool/beach & boating.
3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public?  
  Dance in public
4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
 Taylor Swift- I went to her 1989 concert this past summer with my daughter for her 13th birthday (her 1st concert).  It was an awesome concert!!
5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
 On one of our really hot days this year, I prepared myself by putting my hair in a ponytail & a headband to stay cool.  Normally, I wear my hair down.  I was greeting my students in the morning in the hallway & one of my students looked at me & said "Who are you?"  It was so funny...the other kids said "It is Mrs. Monahan."  I guess I must look really different with my hair up and pulled back.