Thursday, October 29, 2015

Take 5 With...Jeremy Snowden



Take 5 With...Jeremy Snowden
Job Title: 5th Grade Teacher
School: PIC
1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid? 
 The best present I ever got when I was a kid was when my dad made me a couple of Star Wars ships. Money was a little tight at the time, so he used his crafty skills to create a very impressive substitute for the store-bought versions of the popular Star Wars toys. They meant so much to me because he had taken his time and put his heart into them for me.
2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
 I love fall.  I love the colors, the cooler temperatures, and of course, football!!!  I wait all year long for it to come and enjoy every moment of it that I can.
3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public?  
 I guess, if I had to choose one, I would sing in public, even though I would rather not do either. I have no dance moves to speak of, and my voice is not the best.  Though I have been told I can pull off imitating a few artists' voices, so I guess there is that. :) 
4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
 My favorite singer or band...well, I have a few.  I love all kinds of music.  I would say my favorite country singer is Toby Keith.  My favorite rock band would probably be Nickelback.
5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
Something memorable that a student said...I guess it was Halloween about 6 or seven years ago.  I came dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pirates of the Caribbean (as was part of my classroom theme at the time, which I miss dearly - just saying).  A student known for his "off the wall" comments asked me, "So, are you supposed to be a pirate or something?"