Thursday, January 21, 2016

Take 5 With...Brian Cann


Take 5 With...Brian Cann
Job Title: 5th Grade Math & Technology Teacher
School: PIC

1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid?
The best gift I remember receiving randomly was when my mom came home and told me that she had signed me up for drum lessons. I don't believe it was for Christmas or a birthday; It was just a random gift. Much of my life would have been different had she not been so willing to support that interest of mine.

2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it?
My favorite season, by far, is autumn. The trees are beautiful and the sun seems to shine on everything differently. I love the golden color of the fields before harvest and mapping out ideas for carving pumpkins. There also seems to come a general feeling of calm during Fall, almost like when the sun goes down each day.

3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public? 
Sing.

4) What is your favorite band/singer?
Lately, it's been The Avett Brothers.

5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes? 
Last year, someone claimed that I looked like Elvis. When I asked why, they mentioned that "my hair was tall." I was glad to hear it wasn't because I looked like Elvis in the later stages of his career.