Date: 11/5/2018 Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting
Meeting called to order at Julie Widinski at 6:28 in the PES library.
Kidstuff books – Great turn out, very organized. Made $1,700 profit.
Mums Sale – Awesome sales! Super easy organizing and picking up flowers.
Halloween and Xmas Party – Room moms and classroom party funds. Moms are not to be asking for funds above PTO contributions.
Coffee Sale – coming up soon. In approximately 2 weeks. $5 a bag, $2.50 comes to the school.
PIC and PES Fall Book Fair – Sales were good. Author visit went well.
Berkots food for parent teacher conferences – Teachers were thankful.
Baker’s Square Sale – Postponing to possibly Easter.
Box Tops – Katie Udsteun said that PES and PIC offices were so helpful. We are at half of what we totaled last year. Hopeful to meet our goal. Wanting to put a visual in the schools for kids to know box top totals and competition between classes.
PES Yearbook – Kim took pictures on Halloween.
Holiday Extravaganza – volunteers
Little Caesars – Still need a chair for this event.
Pasta and Bingo Night – Need to figure out a new plan for the evening. Projector and sound system for this year calling out numbers. Have Bingo after the dinner instead of the same time. Buy Bingo cards instead of disposable cards, or borrow cards?? March 21st is the tentative date.
PES Valentine Party -
Ladies Night Out - Paint & Pallet – Feb 8th 6pm at Peotone VFW. Paint and Pallet is $45 with $25 of profit to PTO. 40 person cap on the guests. Need 1 volunteer per 8ppl. Possibly pizza and appetizers.
Artome Fine Arts Fair – Still need a chair for this event. Next year we will consider Square Art.
PIC and PES Spring Book Fair – Hoping chairs re-volunteer for Spring.
Sunrise Flower Basket Sale (feb 1st call for date) – Kim and Lauren chairing
Plant Dad and Me – Went well, planning on doing again this year. Need a chair.
Staff Appreciation CS, PES, PIC – Still need a chair for this event. Teacher Appreciation Weeks CS & PES 5/6-5/10, PIC 4/29-5/3.
School Supply Baskets – successful. Staying with previous company for next year.
Pancake Breakfast – Volunteer signupgenius link went out. Need volunteers for the event. A lot of volunteers returning from last year. Vendors, skills usa and high school students for extra help. Tree Raffles – bins set up on stage for grade level donations – Kim chair. Vendors – Jaimie chair. Raffles – Julie chair. Placemats are full and lots of donations for event.
$300 for Will County to bring in speakers for 6 visits for history.
Addition 2 Chromebooks of PIC Special Education Teachers. All Approved.
Teachers have requested another cart of Chromebooks at PIC.
2nd Grade Chromebook cart for PES.
Request for 8 charging iPad stations. (We will research and review prices.)
PTO MEETING Minutes
Monday, September 10, 2018 6:30 pm PIC
Meeting called to order by Julie Widinski at 6:35pm
In attendance: Kim Gayinski, Meghan Schmidt, Katie Udstuen, Cassandra Miller, Julie Widinski, Bethany Demoss, Laura Stachnik, Mrs. Obszanski, Jenna Logan
Pledge of allegiance.
Minutes Approved Online By: Ashley Stachniak 1st and Dana Kelly 2nd on May 8, 2018.
Treasurer's Report Approved: Starting the year profitable with $600.80 and will be getting more from school supply kit fundraiser. Bethany Demoss 1st approval, Jenna Logan 2nd approval
News From Mrs. Davis: Not present.
News From Mrs. Obszanski: Spirit week this week with high school homecoming, map testing is complete, all programs will be up and running next week, quarter 1 midterms next week, food drive next week for character ed trait of citizenship going to Helping Hands, open to suggestions for building community connection, book battles kids get to pick their own teams this year, new club after school called Young Rembrandt.
Room parents - still need parental forms for parents that agreed to be room parents at PES.
Box Tops - Katie Udstuen is proposing a box top contest Oct 1st -19th. Prizes still being determined. Box top worksheets coming home but not necessary. Box tops can be sent on the sheet or ziplock bags. Looking at having a classroom and individual winner.
Kids Stuff Books - Books have gone home. Peggy handles the book fundraiser.
Mums Flower Sale - Flyers went home. Seems to be going well. Lots of buzz on facebook
Anderson Book Fair PES and PIC - Chair for PES Amanada B., we still need a chair for the PIC book fair. Book fair date is one day at PIC 10/10. PES book fair is 9/24-9//26.
Shoe Collection - Shoe drive officially started today. Shoes need to be rubber-banded. Recycling club will be helping with organization of shoes. Spoke to Peotone Berkots and Peotone Library, both will have shoe donation bins. Each school will have a donation bin as well. Advertising on PTO and Peotone Moms page. Dates 9/10 - 9/28. There will be a few classroom contests which need to be discussed with principles.
PNO Chili Cookout - Oct 20th during Fall Fest at Game On Sports Grill before Trunk of Treat around 11-12pm. Ideas for prizes, possible apron for first prizes.
Pain & Pallet - First Thursday or Friday in February, possibly 6 - 8pm. Vendor locked for the event. Limited to 30 - 40 people. Our profit will be $25 a person. Ladies will pick their design and stain. Pallets will be pre-stained to save time. They will paint their designs during event. Possibly sponsor a table?? Still looking for a venue. Possibly VFW. Possible basket raffle.
Fannie May - Big No Go. They raised the prices to $1.50 with no increase in profit. We will be replacing Fannie Mae with a Coffee (and tea) sale instead with a local vendor rep and local farmer. The profit margin is better than Fannie Fae. The company provides a $500 bonus if we sell 1,000 bags of coffee. We will do prize winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If one student sells 50 bags they win a visa gift card. We are locked in to the $10 with $3.50 profit price from last year. Starting in November.
Baker’s Square Gift Cards - Good at any Baker’s square location. Possibly before Thanksgiving. We need to come up with an order form. Selling for $15, profit of $5 a gift card.
PTC Berkot’s Dinner
Pancake Breakfast/Vendor Fair - Need volunteers Friday Before Dec 7th for set up. Sending notes home to parents for volunteers. Biggest thing is volunteers for breakfast. Vendors in the gym we have 10 now, looking for 50 to 70. Vacation raffle is Wisconsin Dells and Sybaris Suits this year. $25 advertisement on placemat.
Chane by laws from nominating board position in march to january and voting on board positions from may to march.
Michelle Clayton teacher reimbursement for $35.69 for social studies, all approved.
Battle of the Books reimbursement of $1,221.90 for 165 books ordered. Proposing we pay half $610.95, all approved
Chromebook request for new Special Education staff member, $300, all approved.
Visitors Opportunity to Speak:
Jenna Logan proposed Square One Art, which supplied papers. Kids would do the drawing. Parents could order different items with the art. It’s a 33% profit until a benchmark and then after it would be 38%. After that it would be a 15% profit the remainder of the year. They make specialized, personalized catalog with keychains, magnets, trivets, pillowcases, ect.
Next Meeting Date: Nov 5, 2018 @ PES 6:30pm
Approval of Motion to Close at 7:56pm: 1st Katie Udstuen & 2nd Bethany Demoss
Recorded & Submitted by Laura Stachnik, PTO Secretary
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting – Sept 2018Previous Minutes from May 7, 2018 approved by Ashley Stachniak and Dana Sippel
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting – May 7, 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:34 pm in the PIC–Lunch Room. Those in attendance: Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Obszanski, Meghan Schmidt, Katie Udstuen, Lauren Mansell, Kim Gayeski, Cassandra Miller, Julie Widinski, Laura Stachnik, Bethany DeMoss, Amanda Bostjancic and Jeanette Kamper. March
Meeting Minutes were submitted by Jeanette Kamper - then posted online by Jeanette Kamper. March Meeting Minutes approved online by Kristen Schuman and Laura Berck Stachniak March 6, 2018.
Treasury report was submitted by Meghan Schmidt. The Treasury report was approved by Cassandra Miller and Laura Stachnik.
* News from Mrs. Obszanski (PIC): - Mrs. Obszanski said that Teacher Appreciation week at her school went very well. She said the moms did a great job and that all their hard work was greatly appreciated! She also said that Battle of the Books is taking place on May 16th at 1 p.m. and it will be 4th grade competing against 5th grade. She said that parents will be welcome to come watch if they would like.
* News from Mrs. Davis (PES):
-Mrs. Davis said that PES has received the Chrome books that were ordered for the 2nd- 5th grade teachers as well as the chrome books for the 3rd grade cart and they are excited to begin using them.
Pasta and Bingo Night- Went well, parents loved this event and would like to do this event again next year. As with all new events it ran smooth but now we know to work out some kinks for next year.
PES/PIC Yearbook- we have a parent to take over this event at PIC for next year. This year the yearbooks are coming along well and according to some parents that had a sneak peek at them they look phenomenal this year!! Great Job!!!
PIC/PES Spring Book Fair- Buy One Get One free went very well. Amanda Bostjancic who ran the PES one said that we made alittle more money then even last year which was great!! Meghan Schmidt who ran the one at PIC said that it went well there too. Amanda said that PES has about $980.00 in un-expirable scholastic dollars and PIC has about $1400.00 in un-expirable scholastic dollars. It was noted that some of the expirable scholastic dollars were used to purchase sensory chairs at PIC which was greatly appreciated. The kids love them!
Sunrise Flower Basket Sale- will be May 9th, 2018 at PES for a pick up time from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Lauren stated that they could use some help with unloading the truck at 2:30 p.m. so if there is anyone available we could use your help!
Paint and Plant Night- Event took place on May 3, 2018 with dad and children painting and planting flowers in a flower pot. This was another great event that the Dads thoroughly enjoyed doing with their children. Thank you Bethany DeMoss for stepping up to chair this event!!
School Supply Kits - Meghan Schmidt said that the fliers to order your school supply kit for next year will be going home in the next couple of days. The purchasing order form has to be back in the next couple of weeks, with delivery being by the end of the school year.
Box Tops- Cassandra Miller said that this could have been run better but due to work, she just couldn’t dedicate the time that was needed. It was talked about that maybe a board member could talk with students at the beginning of the next school year to motivate them to collect and tell them about some contests we will have throughout the year to get everyone motivated.
*PTO Open Positions 2017-2018
The PTO has opening positions for the following 2018-2019 school year:
General Board Member
Bethany DeMoss nominated herself for the last General Board Member and was approved by all. A great big THANK YOU Bethany for stepping up to this position. I would like to also say we have a FULL board this year with every position being filled. Thank You parents for stepping up for these positions!
Cameras - Being purchased (for PES) $400.00 these would belong to the school for pictures to be taken for year book or parties throughout the year. Katie Udsten said that she could do some research for the cameras and possibly get a total of 4 cameras for this amount.
Teachers Lounge- Painting the lounge and putting up some artwork, along with chairs for the lounge area at PIC/PES, and filtered water. The amount for this was $1200.00 There was some discussions about getting bottled water vs. Reverse Osmosis system into the schools, the amount for water was $1000.00.
Guest Author - PES had Aaron Reynolds as a guest speaker with the request by Mrs. Davis to help cover some of the cost of him which was $1800.00. It was decided by the board that we would cover half of this cost $900.00
Technology - The remaining $4100.00 from this year will be going to the purchase of new tablets for the Kindergarten & 1st grade class.
All finalized purchases were voted on and approved by all.
This was the final requests that were given by all the teachers to be approved on by the end of this school year with a grand total of $3184.00
All finalized purchases/requests were voted on and approved by all.
Visitors & Board Opportunity to Speak: -The next step is to talk with Dr. Vitton to see what/how many tablets could be purchased with the final $4100.00 for this year.
The next PTO Meeting TBD
At 7:43 p.m. a motion to adjourn was made. Approved by Amanda Bostjancic and Laura Stachnik.
Recorded & submitted by, Jeanette Kamper PTO Media Secretary
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting – March 5, 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:33 pm in the PES–Media Room.
Those in attendance: Mrs. Davis, Katie Udstuen, Lauren Mansell, Kim Gayeski, Cassandra Miller, Julie Widinski, Tara Robinson, Bethany DeMoss, Amy Deutsche and Jeanette Kamper. January
Meeting Minutes were submitted by Jeanette Kamper - then posted online by Jeanette Kamper.
January Meeting Minutes approved online by Melissa Eaheart and Ashley Stachniak January 31, 2018.
Treasury report was submitted by Lauren Mansell and it was noted that the insufficent checks balance and bank fees were discussed as this seems to be a recurring problem. This with almost $200 of donations that we end up losing and additionally paying fees on. We will need to address in the future how to handle this problem and what to do for those that repeatedly have returned checks. The Treasury report was approved by Cassandra Miller and Bethany DeMoss.
* News from Mrs. Obszanski (PIC): - Mrs. Obszanski was not in attendance but per an email, Mrs. Obszanski and the Special Ed teachers wanted to say Thank You for stools that were ordered for the Special Ed department at PIC thru Scholastic Dollars
* News from Mrs. Davis (PES): -Mrs. Davis said that the Artome Fair was great, she felt that it ran smoothly and was a success. She had mentioned maybe we could combine our celebrate students night with the Artome Fair next year?
*Agenda Business: - Artome Fine Arts Fair- Art event that was run by Kim Gayeski went very well, lots of positive feedback from parents on how this was a great event and they hope we do this again next year. Thanks Kim for running this!
- Pasta and Bingo Night- Our new fundraiser scheduled for March 22nd at PES in the gym from 5:30-7:00 p.m. We could still use volunteers for this event so anyone that would be willing to help out please contact peotonepto@gmail.
- PES/PIC Yearbook- looking for possible parent to take over this event at PIC for next year. This year the yearbooks are coming along well. - PIC Spring Book Fair- will be April 24, 2018 this is the Buy One Get One free.
- Sunrise Flower Basket Sale- will be May 8th, 2018 at PES order forms will be coming home in April. - Plant Dad and me
- Event to take place on May 3, 2018 with dad and daughter painting and planting flowers in a flower pot. Thank you Bethany DeMoss for stepping up tot chair this event!!
- Staff/Teacher appreciation- PIC Teacher appreciation will be the week of Monday April 23rd and Connor Shaw and PES will have their appreciation week the first week of May.
- PIC 4th & 5th grade parties- PTO has advertised & requested volunteers chair persons for these events with no response. After discussing with Mrs. Obszanski it was decided that these events will be cancelled.
- Smencils- The board discussed the selling of smencils and for the rest of this year we will be done with smencils, this is something we will revisit for the next school year. - School Supply Kits - Meghan Schmidt has narrowed down the kits to one company and we will have these kits available for purchase for the next school year.
*PTO Open Positions 2017-2018 - The PTO has opening positions for the following 2018-2019 school year:
- Co-President; Julie Widinski has nominated herself
- Secretary; Laura Stachnik has nominated herself
- Volunteer Coordinator; Becca Hoffman has nominated herself
- General Board Member (3); Cassandra Miller and Katie Udstuen have nominated themselves All positions were voted on and all were in favor for these GREAT parents who stepped up to be on the board. There is still 1 position available for the General Board Member, if anyone is interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do a final vote in of the new members at the next meeting in May.
* Approved/Finalized Purchases: Tee shirts for 2018-2019 kindergarteners $700 Folders for the 2018-2019 school year $800 Ice Cream Social 2018-2019 school year $800 Room Mom reimbursement for 2018-2019 and PES school parties Food/Snack to be determined.
Teacher Startup for 2018-2019 $4300
-( It was asked by Kim G. if it would be better to have the teachers just be given the $100. (w/no receipts) for the start up fund at the beginning of the year, and Cassandra Miller said that being part of a 501(c) we need documentation for all the funds given out and therefore this was not recommended, it was noted and we will follow the same protocol of asking for receipts from teachers to get there $100. startup money at the start of school ).
Mrs. Deutsche had also said that it may be a good time to give the Teacher Startup forms at the beginning of the school year/put the form in a google doc. on the PTO facebook page for teachers to be able to download in case they misplace theirs.
* Teacher requests * Mrs. Justus - Chrome Book $290.00 * Mrs. Deutsche - Guided Reading books $217.60 All finalized purchases/requests were voted on and approved by all. * Visitors & Board
Opportunity to Speak: - Kim Gayeski and Julie Widinski met with Dr. Vitton to discuss the next step in technology purchases. It was discussed that if our goal is to provide more technology in the classrooms we want to provide the teachers with chrome books as well so they can get comfortable working on them the curriculum. Also, PTO would purchase 30 Chromebooks for the 3rd grade class with the school district purchasing the cart to support them. Dr. Vitton also agreed that he would supply professional development/technology classes so that the teachers have additional instruction on teaching with the chromebooks. PTO's goal is to get the chromebooks prior to the end of the year so that the teachers have the summer to work on them as well. Purchase of the chromebooks for the teachers and the 30 chromebooks for the 3rd grade was presented and approved. It was discussed that at our May meeting PTO will determine what monies are still available and the possibility of purchasing I-pads for the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes. The next PTO Meeting will be on Monday May 7, 2018 – at 6:30 at PIC At 7:04 p.m. a motion to adjourn was made. Approved by Tara Robinson and Cassandra Miller. Recorded & submitted by, Jeanette Kamper PTO Media Secretary
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting – January 22, 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:33 pm in the PIC–Media Room.
Those in attendance: Mrs. Obszanski, Katie Udstuen, Lauren Mansell, Kim Gayeski, Cassandra Miller, Meghan Schmidt, Julie Widinski, Laura Stachnik, Beth Helme-Smith, Bethany DeMoss, Amy Deutsche and Jeanette Kamper. November Meeting Minutes were submitted by Jeanette Kamper - then posted online by Jeanette Kamper.
November Meeting Minutes approved online by Amanda Bostjancic and Bethany DeMoss November 7, 2017.
Treasury report was submitted by Meghan Schmidt approved by Cassandra Miller and Beth Helme-Smith.
* News from Mrs. Obszanski (PIC): - Mrs. Obszanski wanted to say that Mrs. Knap will not be doing the Yearbook at PIC next year so this is something that we need to think about, maybe getting a parent to do this? Maybe put it out there that we are looking for someone?
* News from Mrs. Davis (PES): -Mrs. Davis was not in attendance.
*Agenda Business: - Artome Fine Arts Fair- Art event that will take place on Thursday February 22, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at PES in the gym. This event will host your childs art work as “Featured Artists” you will be able to purchase your child's artwork that will be on display for $25.00. Water and popcorn will be available for purchase.
- Pasta and Bingo Night- Our new fundraiser scheduled for the latter part of March the date is to be determined.
- PIC Yearbook- looking for possible parent to take over this event at PIC for next year. - Sunrise Flower Basket Sale
- Our Spring Flower Basket sale that will take place again this spring at PES with a date to be determined.
- Plant Dad and me - Event to take place before Mothers Day with dad and daughter painting and planting flowers in a flower pot, that we are still looking for someone to chair. If interested please contact email@example.com.
- Staff/Teacher appreciation- PIC Teacher appreciation will be the week of Monday April 23rd and Connor Shaw and PES will have their appreciation week the first week of May. Since there was no one that stepped up to chair these events it was brought to discussion that the parents that did sign up to help, could possibly have 1 day to have your own theme for the teachers that day. Possible thought of having sign up genius to let parents know what we need for the week or maybe sign up to bring something on a specific day.
- PIC 4th & 5th grade parties- Event date to be determined and we are still in need of a 4th grade chair for this event. - Smencils- The board discussed on whether to have a smencil day in school around Valentines Day, the discussion is still up in the air, we also talked about having smencils sold at a different fundraiser we will host.
*PTO Open Positions 2017-2018 - The PTO has a new open position on the board, Jeanette Kamper has decided not to extend her position for another year we are looking for a Secretary for the board. The secretary position is as follows being able to attend a meeting once a month, at the school meetings you will need to take notes and post the meeting minutes on facebook to get approved, post updates to the Peotone PTO facebook page and help with the emails that are directed to the board. - The PTO board is still in need of a Volunteer Coordinator, this position consists of helping the program chairs and recruiting volunteers throughout the year to support events as well as managing the member data. They will also help inform parents about volunteer opportunities and responsibilities. A vote was taken to create 3 new board positions labeled General Board member. The requirements of a General Board Member are as follows: 1. Attend scheduled meetings. 2. Help with various parent group activities. 3. Assist with Peotone PTO activities and fundraisers. 4. Chair minimum of one (1) PTO event.
* Approved/Finalized Purchases: Teacher appreciation funds for the following schools were PES $1100.00, PIC $750.00, and Connor Shaw $250.00. All funds were voted on and approved by all. * Teacher requests * Mrs. Hoehn- Requesting ball chair, wobble cushion, and bouncy bands totaling $183.00 * Mrs. Pilbeam - Requests for motor skill and fine sensory toys for the Preschool totaling $166.00. All requests were voted on and approved by all.
* Visitors & Board Opportunity to Speak: - Kim Gayeski spoke about the possibility of having the meetings broadcast on Facebook Live, Julie had noted that the feel she got from talking to her own Administration at her school, was that it was not perceived to well, she added that she can have the discussion with Peotone admin. in the future to see how they feel about it. There was discussion about maybe a little more specific goal setting each year in the schools. Maybe a thermometer with the amount of money we are trying to raise with what the money will actually go to in more detail. We need to touch base with Admin. on what the needs are for that year and the board can come up with an amount that we could raise to help the district. Spirit wear was great the only suggestion was maybe some different girlie styles, like pink shirts, tee-shirts/tank tops with bling/glitter.
The next PTO Meeting will be on Monday March 5, 2018 – at 6:30 at PES At 7:30 p.m. a motion to adjourn was made. Approved by Bethany DeMoss and Beth Helme-Smith. Recorded & submitted by, Jeanette Kamper PTO Media Secretary
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting – November 6, 2017
Meeting called to order at 6:34 pm in the PES– Library Room.
Those in attendance: Mrs. Obszanski, Mrs. Davis, Rhonda Cusack, Laura Stachnik, Katie Udstuen, June McAllister, Michelle Weirich, Natalie Clay, Megan Pilbeam, Amanda Bostjancic, Lauren Mansell, Kim Gayeski, Cassandra Miller, Meghan Schmidt, Julie Widinski, and Jeanette Kamper.
September Meeting Minutes were submitted by Julie Widinski- then posted online by Jeanette Kamper. September Meeting Minutes approved online by Kristen Schuman and Beth Helme-Smith September 12, 2017.
Treasury report was submitted by Meghan Schmidt approved by Rhonda Cusack and Cassandra Miller.
* News from Mrs. Obszanski (PIC): - Mrs. Obszanski wanted to say a huge Thank You for the Parent Teacher Conference dinner that the PTO purchased for them this year. She also said Thank You to the PTO and parents for hosting the book fair this year. Also the Halloween parties went well and the kids loved the snacks!
* News from Mrs. Davis (PES): -Mrs. Davis was elated to relay the BEST news ever…..PES has wifi that is officially up and running!!! With a little help from the PTO’s donation all of the schools now have working wifi!!! Also Halloween parties went well and the kids loved the snacks! *Agenda Business:
- Kidstuff Books - did well the profit from this years sales was $2165.00
-Box Tops - Cassandra Miller is handling the Box Tops and did make a deposit in October there will be a big push for a deposit in March. She requested that Box Tops be put in bags of 50 and she said that Box Top is still accepting the box tops sheets and she will be sending those out soon.
- Fannie May- Rhonda Cusack said that the sales were down from last year and had a couple of thoughts on why. One may have been from the lack of Mint Cookie candy bars that were no longer being sold and another thought was that the student enrollment was down from last year. An idea from Kim Gayeski was to maybe have a little assembly next year with the students to explain the fundraiser and maybe come up with a little more incentive ideas.
- Yearbook- Julie Widinski said yearbooks are being purchased and that it seems to be running fine in both schools. - Peotone Pancake Breakfast, craft fair, and vendor
- We are looking for someone with food service experience to help Meghan Schmidt out. We are still in search of volunteers for this event and still looking for anyone that may have a timeshare or a vacation house that they would be willing to donate a night for our raffle. If anyone knows someone or is interested in helping please contact PeotonePTO@gmail.com
- PES/PIC Santa Shop- The board may not have to purchase as much as last year due to finding previous items in a closet at the school. We are also looking into purchasing SMENCILS (scented pencils, markers, etc.) for this event which the feedback from teachers and parents has been outstanding. The PES Santa Shop will be hosted November 28th and 30th. PIC Santa Shop will be hosted December 5th.
- Parents Night Out - Will be our very first event hosted at Game On Sports located at 115 N. 2nd Street in downtown Peotone Saturday November 11th. All parents are encouraged to come out and meet/mingle with other parents and support our schools. There is a pre wristband sale for $20.00. Wristbands bought at the door will be $25.00. There will be themed baskets to be raffled, 50/50 split the pot, appetizers, etc
*PTO Open Positions 2017-2018 - The PTO board has taken a vote to create a new board position. All were in favor of voting in the new position of a Volunteer Coordinator. The volunteer coordinator position consists of helping the program chairs and recruiting volunteers throughout the year to support events as well as managing the member data. They will also help inform parents about volunteer opportunities and responsibilities.
* Approved/Finalized Purchases: * Teacher requests * Mrs. Mc Allister - vocabularyspelling.com website $59.95 * Mrs. Novilas - A Place for Everyone Carpet $479.00 * Mrs. Pilbeam - Requests for motor skill and fine sensory toys for the Preschool totaling $754.00. All requests were voted on and approved by all with the exception of preschool. Mrs. Pilbeams request was approved at $500.00 not the full amount, with the knowledge that at the next meeting well will vote on the remaining monies requested by them, it was brought to our attention by Cassandra Miller that we have Campbell Soup labels that we may be able to purchase some of these items with.
* Visitors & Board Opportunity to Speak: - Kim Gayeski spoke about the Spirit Wear Order form that has been sent out, you can go to the Peotone Facebook page and look at the brochure in color at all the items that are being sold these order forms are due Wednesday November 8th, no late order forms will be accepted. Sorry! Kim Gayeski also asked the parents and teachers their thoughts on the Photos with Santa and how to charge for this event. We had some really great input!! Kim Gayeski also had a thought on how the Teacher Appreciation Week will run this year. It was brought to her attention that this is a big event for 1 person to chair considering it is a week long event, so Kim’s thought was to have this more be a committee event, meaning that people that signed up to help may be interested in taking 1 day for the week and have your own theme for the day? She will be reaching out to parents on their thoughts. Amanda Bostjancic said that Scholastic Book Fair during Grandparents Day was a success we have a ton of scholastic dollars that need to be used by the school. It would be beneficial to use those dollars during the week of the fairs as to avoid shipping costs. Teachers will be contacted to see if they could use these bucks for the next book fair.
The next PTO Meeting will be on Monday January 8, 2018 – at 6:30 at PIC At 7:30 p.m. a motion to adjourn was made. Approved by Julie Widinski and Kim Gayeski Recorded & submitted by, Jeanette Kamper PTO Media Secretary
Minutes of the Peotone PTO Meeting –September 11, 2017
Prior Meeting Minutes will submitted & posted next meeting by Julie Widinski
Motion to allocate $600 for room parent submitted by Cassandra Miller, second by Carmen Connelley.
Recorded by Lauren Mansell PTO CoTreasurer