Friday, December 19, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
If you didn't know it already, our students are AWESOME!
PIC Students participated in an anti-bully letter writing program called "Letters to Billy" which was offered through the JJ Watt Foundation.
We sent 166 letters to Billy along with a spirit shirt & water bottle. The kids took such care to encourage him and some shared their own stories of being bullied. Dream Big, Work Hard!
To watch the video the kids watched:
For more information on the JJ Watt Foundation you can go to their Facebook page or www.jjwfoundation.org
Thank you to Mrs. Hiller and Tabitha Hurley for implementing this project to our students.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Monday, December 15, 2014
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Thank you to all of the wonderful helping hands we had to work the
Secret Santa Shoppe's at PES & PIC!
Kudos to Chair's Rinda Tosi, Kim Gayeski, Emily Kuypers & Lisanne Gaidamavice for leading the way! Hopefully you will find something FABULOUS under your tree
just for you and the rest of the helpers.
Here are just a few shots from the 2 shoppe's.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Take 5...With Mrs. Jill Ostby - PIC - 4th Grade Teacher
1) What is your favorite Color? My favorite color is green because it reminds me of the spring and new life.
2) What is the funniest or most creative excuse a student has given for not doing their work? This one is hard to think of. Hmmm...... I actually did get the "dog ate my homework!" Guess that's not very creative. Sorry. I find most kids are honest, "I didn't have time."
3) What is your favorite TV show and/or book? My favorite show is TLC's 19 Kids and Counting. Love the positive life they lead!
4) Do you like something sweet or salty? I love something sweet!
5) If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? I would go to Australia. My sister did live there with her family for 2 years and I should have visited but my daughter was 2 at the time and I didn't want to take her alone on the 18 hour flight (her dad couldn't get the time off of work).
Mrs. Ostby scores! Extra Credit: Some other facts: I have a 14 year old daughter who is a JV cheerleader for LW Central and plays the violin. I have a 7 year old who is an ice hockey goalie for the Joliet Jaguars. And I play the violin!
Monday, December 8, 2014
With gift giving season upon us and all those awesome electronics the kids want....why not be prepared as a parent with what your child can get into!
PIC is offering an Internet Safety Program for parents on Monday (12/15) @ 1:00pm.
Young children are welcome. Please let Mrs. Hiller know if you can attend: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-469-5744
Sunday, December 7, 2014
5 Facts About Pearl Harbor:
1. Some of the battleships sunk that day were resurrected.
2. Veteran's of the attack can be laid to rest at Pearl Harbor.
3. The USS Arizona still leaks fuel.
4. Servicemembers stationed in Hawaii took care of the memorial during the 2013 government shutdown.
5. Many tourists from Japan come to visit the memorial.
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Friday, December 5, 2014
Here is a simple good deed you can do during this holiday season:
Addie is a 6-year-old Utah girl who is dying! Doctors have no idea from what, but her brain is wasting away. She loves Christmas and wants holiday cards for what is most likely her last Christmas. PLEASE SHARE this with your friends and help make Addie's Christmas bright!
There will be 2 PTO Board positions open for the 2015-2016 school year.
You must be able to serve a 2 year term.
Have a student at either PES or PIC.
Be willing to work with all buildings (PES, PIC & Pre-K Connor Shaw).
Attend 5 PTO meetings as well as executive meetings when necessary.
If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, you must attend the January 13th PTO meeting. Anyone receiving a nomination will be asked if they accept or decline the nomination.
If there is more than 1 person nominated for a position, an election will be held at the March 10th meeting. If you have questions regarding one of these positions, please feel free to contact any of the board members currently serving those positions. Email email@example.com.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Thank you for participating in our Market Day Pie fund raiser!
We sold 167 pies! That's a lot of pie.
Market Day also brought out some awesome teamwork. Several PTO Board members pitched in at PIC and to learn the ropes. The PIC Chairs went to PES to help the PES Chair who was on her own. Thanks ladies! Here are the winners of the prizes that were raffled off:
Joseph M. - Guitar Hero Air Guitar Buckle
Kiersten B. - iclassic phone alarm clock/lamp
Aidan S. - Jumbo MP3 player
Evan S. - Jumbo MP3 player
Alyssa I. - iWin headset and laptop camera
Kyle G. - Guitar Hero Air Guitar Buckle
Tis' The Season To Be Jolly....So Get Jolly!
Here are some fun things happening in our community.
Thursday (12/4) Community Tree Lighting Ceremony @ Peotone Library.
6-7pm - Mrs. Rojas (PES 3rd Grade Teacher) and the 3rd graders will
play a special role in this event.
Saturday (12/6) Peotone Jr. High Barnes & Noble Book Fair Benefit
The 4th annual Peotone Junior High book fair event is at Barnes & Noble in Bradley, located in Target parking lot, on Saturday December 6th from 11-3. Proceeds from the book fair benefit Peotone Junior High. There will also be book baskets that Mrs. Schubbe, our media specialist, has put together offering books that can be purchased and donated to any of our school district libraries. It’s a great community event! Come down on Saturday to start your own Christmas shopping, visit with friends and help raise money for our school. We hope to see you there.
Mrs. Schubbe has a wish list for each of the schools that will be there at Barnes and Noble so it will definitely benefit all schools libraries as well as the junior high.
Monday, December 1, 2014
Let your kids get their HO, HO, HO...Holiday Shopping on!
PES Secret Santa Shoppe is this week. (PIC's Secret Santa Shoppe is on 12/11)
Classes will shop on the following dates. Friday is planned as a make-up date as needed.
Monday information will be going home with students. (Hint..check their backpacks!) Please be sure your child has their list of people to shop for and money/check.
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
There is no school Wednesday (11/26) - Friday (11/28)!
The PTO is thankful for all of our dedicated volunteers, the district families, and especially our own families!
We appreciate all you do for us and your willingness to be open to this new journey.
What are you thankful for?
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Take 5...With Amy Deutsche - PES - 1st Grade Teacher
1) What is your favorite Color? My favorite color is green.
2) What is the funniest or most creative excuse a student has given for not doing their work? The best excuse is, I have a paper cut and it hurts too much to write.
3) What is your favorite TV show and/or book? My favorite television show is Modern Family and my favorite book is One Tuesday Morning.
4) Do you like something sweet or salty? I like sweet and salty together!!
5) If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? I would love to go to Australia.
Monday, November 24, 2014
PES Secret Santa Shoppe is in need of volunteer elves!
PES has shopping on 12/2-12/5 for students and is in need of additional volunteers who can work chunks of time to help wrap gifts (consists of putting gifts in a decorative plastic baggie and writing the names on it) and assist kids in shopping (not just your own ;-).) Help is needed primarily on the 2nd and 3rd. If you can help any day for a window of time, that would be great.
Please contact Rinda Tosi at 708-533-0846