Thursday, March 17, 2016

Take 5 With...Kelly Rojas


Take 5 With...Kelly Rojas
Job Title: 3rd Grade Teacher and Assistant to the Principal
School: PES

1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid?  
A kids pottery wheel, which by the way never worked, but I sure had a blast playing with the clay.  To this day I love "throwing clay" on a wheel and creating things!

2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it?  
My favorite season is summer because nothing makes me happier than being on a sandy beach at the ocean or a lake, or golfing.  I HATE winter coats!

3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public? 
I was an Irish Dancer and could probably still work up a mean Jig.  I also have a music degree and had to do quite a bit of singing in my day.  But god forbid, I don't want to ever have to do both simultaneously! ;)

4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Guided By Voices, Grateful Dead, White Stripes, The Larkin & Moran Brothers Irish Band (too many favorites!)

5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
There was a "heated" argument in class over the color of my hair.  "Mrs. Rojas's hair is Red! Brown! No wait! Sandy Blondie-ish!  Ummm wait....I think it's Black!
Ummm....no.....wait!  I see some gray there too!" said a group of 3rd grade students.