Thursday, May 19, 2016

Take 5 With...Amy Devore


This concludes the Take 5 segment!
Thank you to the staff for participating!!!

Take 5 With...Amy Devore
Job Title: Kindergarten Teacher
School: PES

1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid?
One year for Christmas in junior high I got a radio with a dual tape deck.  I was so excited to be able to make my own mixed tape.  I thought I was so cool!

2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
  Summer is my favorite (as with most teachers I would assume).  I love the hot weather so I can play outside with my boys.  We ride bikes and play at all of the parks in Peotone all summer long.

3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public?
  I do not sing or dance well, so neither one would be great for anyone to see.  In kindergarten, I do a lot of singing.  I joke that I get paid to sing very badly.
  
4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
  My favorite bands are Bon Jovi and Journey.  I also love Prince.  I know, I am dating myself right now!

5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
  I had a boy in my class just this year look me up and down and say, "You look pretty good today Mrs. Devore."  I guess I will take that as a compliment.