Friday, May 13, 2016

Take 5 With...Wendy Watkins


Take 5 With...Wendy Watkins
Job Title: Assistant to the Principal - Special Education Teacher
School: PIC

1) What was the best present you ever received when you were a kid?
Back in the days before cell phones, iPods, Game Boys, computers, and DS systems, transistor radios were the cool items.  We needed 9-volt batteries to play the radios.  We carried them around with us and listened to really cool music on WLS radio by groups such as the Beatles, the Archies, and the Rolling Stones. WGN radio played the Chicago Cubs and Bears games.   

2) What is your favorite season and what do you like about it? 
  My favorite season is spring as I enjoy seeing trees blossom, flowers bloom, and our fields being planted. Spring  reminds me  of the cycle of life.  


3) If you had to pick one... would you sing or dance in public?
 I would sing in public, but not loudly.
  
4) What is your favorite band/singer? 
 I am not sure I have a favorite singer or band.  I enjoy most types of music whether it is the grade school recorders or a symphonic orchestra. I especially like musicals.  

5) Something memorable a student once said to you about your hair/clothes or their own hair/clothes?  
 I once had a student who liked to touch  my hair.  He said he had never been close to blond hair and wondered what it was like.  He was surprised that my hair was softer and straighter than his.